28 February, 2015

Work in Progress: Priory Square

Hello, readers!

I've been lazy about adding new posts, but I've been busily sewing when I can. (Little Bug sure does make it difficult!) In all honesty, this harsh, cold winter weather has driven my levels of motivation into the negatives, too.

So, what have I been working on?

Well, to start I put together this top from a fat quarter bundle I won from fabricworm a while back. The fabric is Priory Square by Katy Jones for Art Gallery Fabrics.  I was in this lovely shop here in GR a few weeks ago, Stitched Studio, and saw a quilt  made with this fabric, and fell in love!


The fabric isn't what I'd normally choose for myself, but hey, it was free for me. And, I'm LOVING the fabric now that I've incorporated it into a quilt top.

The quilt is crib-size, so it's good for a baby or as a small lap quilt.

The pattern is called "Yellow Brick Road" by Terry Atkinson. I bought it at Stitched Studio, but you can find it online here, among other places: Yellow Brick Road




I'm currently in the process of finishing it. I'm not very good at machine quilting, but the more I try the better I'll get, right? (one can only hope)

I'm using a variegated thread by Coats and Clark, which makes the quilting quite lovely on the back.

Here's one more close-up:





I'll be sure to post more pictures when the quilt is finished! I'm contemplating trying to sell this one, so if you're interested, let me know.

Until next time!

~Kristen





1 comment:

  1. I totally relate on the lack of motivation related to the nasty weather. I sure hope that March turns into a lamb soon!

    ReplyDelete