02 February, 2015

My Inspiration: Old Quilt

As I said before, I always loved the old quilts at my aunt Carol's house.

Well, it turns out I've got a couple. Today I'm sharing this beauty:


Postage Stamp Quilt

Apparently this quilt was my father's baby quilt...it's over 50 years old! I wish I knew who made it.
I love the colors...neither feminine nor masculine...a quilt like this is perfect for any baby.

The quilt measures approximately 42" x 42". Because of its age, the quilt is showing signs of wear, as well as fading. Even so, the colors are still vibrant, and the patterns on the fabric still visible.

The back of the quilt is a flannel with dainty giraffes on it. The back is probably the most worn-looking part, besides the binding.

Flannel Backing


One of these days I intend to reproduce a quilt like this. It's just SO many tiny squares...it's a little intimidating!

Until next time,

~Kristen


1 comment:

  1. I love this quilt! Definitely one to inspire and treasure!

    Making one like this would intimidate me too, but actually, I'm guessing that with one of the tutorials that uses strips that get pieced, cut, then pieced in the smaller blocks would make this easier. Not to mention, big projects can be soooo fun and educational! I say, give it go!

    ReplyDelete